- Basic central computer unit is a sheet metal chassis approx. 360 x 350 150(height);
- Can be wall or floor mounted (or on angle brackets, etc.).
- Mfg. /assembled by SLC2000 CNC.
- Industrial power-supply 110watt. Universal input.
- Outputs: +5v, + 12v, -12v
- Auxiliary power supply:
- (I) 15v rails for analog functions.
- (II) +24v floating unregulated "field" supply for pushbuttons, relays, lamps, etc.
- Cooling fan
- Mains inlet.
- Mains outlet (for VDU).
- Floppy disk drive
- Hard disk drive, or (recommended) Disk-on-Chip flash disk.
- 8-slot ISA-bus motherboard (passive). Other boards plug into this.
- Processor board... single-board-computer with 586-133MHz CPU (typical), RAM, hard and floppy disk drivers, COMS ports (DB9 connectors on the back plane), keyboard interface, etc.
- VGA card (or other as required to suit LCD monitor)
- "3AXIS" card (design/mfg. by SLC2000 CNC)
- One card caters for three axes via three DB 15 high-density back plane connectors. Each connector has provision to receive an encoder (3-channel, 5volt, line-driver) and to issue an analog command signal (16-bit, -10v to +10v) to a servo-drive unit. Usually extra DB9 connectors are attached (adjacent back plane slot), to separate the analog from the encoder signals for wiring convenience.
- "SIOCARD" (mfg./design by SLC2000 CNC)
- Watchdog safety-feature.
- Analog resources (via DB25 back plane connector)
- Four inputs (12 bit, 0 to 10 volts), typical usage for height-following system and assist-gas pressure monitor, etc.
- Three outputs (16 bit, -10v to + 10v), typical usage for laser-power command and gas-pressure command, etc.
- Digital I/O and data
All the serial data is opto-isolated from the computer system - powered by the 24v "field" supply.
- These operate via high-speed serial interface (one milli-second iteration time)... connecting to OUTSTATION cards (see below) which can be remotely located. Total capacity of serial data:
- 96 digital inputs (sourcing) 96 digital outputs (sinking)
- 12 data items such as m.p.g. (hand wheel) and analog inputs suitable for fascia panel pots, etc.
- "IODIST" card (mfg./design by SLC2000 CNC).
- This passive card has DB15 connectors to distribute the serial I/O to OUTSTATION cards.
- "PULSER" card (mfg./design by SLC2000 CNC)
- This is optional card available for laser systems. Generates a pulse-train to be delivered to a laser unit (TTL, line-driver, 20mA interfaces all provided.) Allows the CNC to command pulsing (frequency and duty are user- programmable), including dynamic power control (power-ramping effect produced by varying the duty).
- Frequency Range: 0 to 5000Hz (1Hz resolution).
- Duty: 0 to 100%
- "OUTSTATION" cards (mfg./design by SLC2000 CNC).
- These connect to the SIOCARD via serial communication indicated above. The number of OUTSTATION cards in a system is variable, depending on requirements. Each card has capacity for four analog inputs (12 bit, 0 to 5 volt) and one m.p.g. input (open collector signals), and eight/sixteen/twenty- four (configurable) digital inputs and outputs.
- Keyboard... (mfg./design by SLC2000 CNC)
- IBM-AT compatible.
- Intended for fascia-panel mounting.
- Flat, sealed panel (polyester membrane overlaying short-travel highly tactile key switches).
- Compact layout: 420 x 100 visible area.
- MSDOS - licensed copy with each system. Executive software (by SLC2000 CNC) can be customized. Real-time motion control for up to six axes; user-program interpretation and execution; keyboard and screen interfacing (operator interface); simultaneous PLC execution; simultaneous user-program loading (via DNC or disk); simultaneous program editing via keyboard; "pre-check" graphics.
- On laser systems the exec. software typically includes modules relating to height-following, laser-power control, gas-pressure control and monitoring, etc.
- Configuration files (man-readable text) for machine-parameters, M-codes, G-codes, resident subprograms, etc.
- Auxiliary program (by SLC2000 CNC) for PLC setup and documenting, using onscreen editing of ladder-logic diagram; compiles a run-time file in machine-code.